A dinnertime staple around here in Likely is a Christensen family dish called Tater Tot Casserole. Now who doesn’t love tater tots? Tater Tot Casserole is an easy-to-make, quick all-in-one casserole dinner, which happens to have foods from every food group (except fruits!). We have the recipe hand-written in the front of a recipe book, but we actually rarely even look at it because we make it so often. Everyone we know loves it, so I thought I’d share it with all of you!
- 1 pound ground beef (the leaner, the better, and I’m sure you could substitute whatever type of ground meat you like to use, i.e. turkey, etc.)
- 1/2 medium white onion (diced)
- 1 can cut green beans (drained) – we actually use 2 cans sometimes to get some extra veggies in!
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 2-pound bag of frozen tater tots
- cheddar cheese (grated) – we’ve also used pepper jack, yum!
Step 2: Spray a 9″x13″ casserole dish (we use glass ones) with some cooking spray, and then add the ground beef mixture to the bottom of the dish.
Step 3: Add a layer of green beans on top of the meat.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, mix the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with a little milk to thin the soup. Add that to the top of the green beans.
Step 5: Lay the tater tots on top of the soup as shown. Pop it in the oven for 35 minutes. During this time, my husband will be busy washing the other dishes as he is a PRO at simultaneously cooking and cleaning!
Step 6: Take the casserole out of the oven. Grate enough cheese to cover the tater tots. Pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes, until all of the cheese is melted.
Step 7: Enjoy! It’s also great as a leftover for lunch!
Do you have any great (quick, easy and yummy!) recipes you’d like to share? And don’t forget to let me know if you try our tater tot casserole! I promise you it will be a family favorite very soon!